Reef Conservation ecology courses Ko Tao Thailand Koh Exist
Learning to co-exist with the natural world around us is our philosophy.
- Koh Exist
Ask Yourself These Questions
- Do you know what coral is? Is it a plant, an animal, or a rock?
- Do you know that coral reef covers just under one tenth of one percent of the oceans’ surface area, but support 25% of all marine species?
- And that the Indo-Pacific region accounts for more than 90% of this total?
- Do you understand the complex food webs and why each species is so important?
- Do you know what to do to reduce your impact on the reef whenever you go diving, snorkelling or free diving?
- Do you know that there are ways to rehabilitate a damaged reef?
- Do you know that there are technologies that allow the coral to grow 3 to 10 times faster?
- Do you know that coral can get sick?
- Do you know how to recognize dead coral from bleached coral?
- Do you know what coral tissue is?
- Do you know how to fix a mooring line?
If you answered “no” to most of these questions, then the reef conservation courses are for you. We will teach you everything you need to know about coral reef, fish and ways to protect this amazing eco system.
What is Koh Exist?
Koh Exist is operated by Caroline, a Swiss lover of the sea and everything in it. Her passion is to train people to co-exist with the underwater world by extending their understanding, knowledge and appreciation of it, allowing them to make a difference to this amazing marine environment.
Caro offers her experience and knowledge with 1 to 10 day certified courses covering a wide range of areas,
involving fun activities catered to all levels (from snorkelers to diving professionals). Courses are available in English and French.
Learning to co-exist with the natural world around us is our philosophy. While diving with us, you will learn and apply all the things you can do to make a difference. We hope that this will help to spread awareness to everyone around us.